The Guild's 20th
Our First Twenty Years
is available for $5
plus $2 postage.
Guild Authors and Publications
Guild members who write for the various miniature magazines or author books or other miniature "how-to" guides make a major contribution to all of the Guild's objectives. Listed below are some of the authors and their works of great interest to miniaturists, whether collectors or artists:
- Dougless Bitler, Five Ask Dougless books and Nine Dougless Guides covering miniaturia, furniture, decorative arts and styles of various historical periods.
- James Carrington, 1/12 Scale Character Figures for the Dolls' House, Three video series,1/12th Scale Character Figures in Polymer Clay with James Carrington.
- John Davenport, Making Miniature Furniture.
- Jim Dorsett, with his wife, Helen, A Cabinetmaker's Guide to Dollhouse Furniture, and The Scale Cabinetmaker, a quarterly publication for serious miniaturists from 1976 through 1996.
- Annelle Ferguson, Traditional Needlework in Miniature, Classic Designs with 54 Patterns; 16th-Century to 19-Century American Embroidery
- Nicholas Forder, Dollhouse Decorating.
- Allie and Lee Frank, A Reference Guild to Miniature Makers Marks.
- Catriona Hall, The Miniature Costumier
- Sue Heaser, Making Doll's House Miniatures with Polymer Clay, and Making Miniature Dolls with Polymer Clay.
- Flora Gill Jacobs, A History of Dolls' Houses, A Book of Dolls and Doll Houses, Dolls' Houses in America, and Victorian Dolls' Houses.
- Mary Kaliski, Making Miniatures in Polymer Clay.
- David Krupick, numerous "How-To" booklets covering tool use, doll houses, furniture and toys.
- Kitty Mackey, How to Make Perfect Dollhouse Figures.
- Kathy McCoy, Cupboards, Safes and Hutches.
- Virginia Merrill; with Thelma Newman, The Complete Book of Making Miniatures for Room Settings and Dollhouses, with Jean Jessop, Needlework in Miniature, and with Susan Richardson, Reproducing Period Furniture Accessories in Miniature.
- Bets O'Meara, A Mansion in Miniature.
- Ingeborg Riesser, Miniatures d'Art:Les Maisons De Poupees (in French).
- Helen Ruthburg, The Book of Miniatures, Miniature Room Settings, Contemporary Miniature Room Settings, and Miniatures, a miniature book (2" x 2") of 90 pages giving an account of miniatures from Egyptian times to the present.
- Susan Rountree, Dollhouses, Miniature Kitchens and Shops.
- Doreen Sinnett, Dress Pattern of the Past for Dollhouse Ladies.
- Susan Sirkis, author of the "Wish Booklets" and the "Wishlet" series on 1/12th scale doll fashions.
- Anne Day Smith, Interior Design in Miniature, Masters in Miniature, The Andrews Collection, The Period Rooms of Ruth McChesney, and contributed to Treasures In Miniature and Brooke Tucker's book, below.
- Brooke Tucker, Brooke Tucker's Golden Christmas.